Happy New Month.
It’s taken me a lot of time to come up with this post and it’s because instead of doing the regular recap on the show for each day which wouldn’t be possible as I wasn’t in attendance due to some issues.
Although I made it for the last day, before the show I had lunch with the amazing Temi Otedola of http://jtofashion.com/
And Troy an amazing upcoming designer
His Instagram- http://instagram.com/mister_troy_
Dress- Mr Price
Shoes- Amelia Couture
Shirt- Dad’s Closet
Necklace- Lagos Island
• After lunch I went to the location of the show and walking around and meeting a lot of people,from designers I did admire their work to fellow creatives,taught me the following things.
•There is a lot of talent and creativity in Africa and a lot is taken from it but not so much is given back to it.
• All you need to put yourself out there is confidence, with a good dose of confidence, you could sell anything. Also it takes a lot of confidence to stand with your style and pull of whatever you want to pull off
• The success of any huge event is based on planning and organisation because honestly I didn’t expect this show to be as organised as it was.
• I honestly do have a lot of untapped creativity inside of me and I made a mental note and told myself ‘Hello Inner Untapped Creative, from now on we are tapping more of our unused resources .
• And lastly inspiration can be gotten from anything and anywhere- I had a little chat with Bubu Ogisi of IamIsigo as she shed light on how her collection was inspired by the different clans in Ghana, her collection depicted what she felt the IamIsigo clan would wear. She also mentioned how pieces from this collection were made with the famous ‘ Kente’ in different styles including the famous ‘Batakari’ which is the Ghanian Smock ,combined with different pieces from velvets to jersey and also sheer materials.
I personally bought the whole idea of the laid back with a statement because honestly that is what I feel about her pieces, I believe they speak for themselves.
What I wore for the finale
Shoes- Top Moda
Bag pack- Atmosphere
Neckpiece- Lagos Island
I didn’t get to take enough pictures during the event, I loved these ones and just wanted to have them up on my blog.
What did LFDW teach you?? I would love to know
Image source- Instagram